You know I am NOT perfect by any means, but gosh I guess it is my insecurities or something, but a few things just drive me crazy and I just don't know how to handle them, especially when it is family, I guess you just accept them, pray, and love them for who they are, and we can't expect to change anyone. The only person that I can change is me.
The only person that is responsible for my Happiness is ME and if I let others upset me that is me letting them get to me, but so let me just get it out. I have had some issues lately that DRIVE me Crazy and sure doesn't make me want to be around people that are like this. I am not the best person at hiding my feelings I pretty much wear them on my shoulder and am a pretty easy person to read.
~Negativity ALL the time. I feel like I am this type of person right now. I am really working on it. I have a Negative job and try to not let it make me that way when I am not working, but it does. Do we look at the cup as half empty or half full?!? Have you ever been around a person that looks for the BAD in EVERYTHING. Sure NOT a person I want to be around. I want to be around the ones who are going to lift me up and make me want to be a better person. So with this, I need to say SORRY to all those I complain and am negative to when I talk with them. Just tell me to be quite next time and give me the positive of what I am being negative about. Yes we do have to vent and get it out, but that shouldn't be the only thing we can talk about is the negative. (Good Rule is for every negative we need to give three positives. This includes ourselves I know I can be hard on myself)
~Hypocrites someone that preaches that they do something and they DON'T! If you talk like you are an active member of the church then go to church and be an active member of the church, don't talk like you do and you never go or only go when it is convenient. I do look up to people who have obvious faults that still do the best to go to church. We had a gal in our old ward that was pregnant and not married to the guy. She came most Sundays, that takes a lot to do that and I looked up to her for trying her best and coming anyway. We could all see what she did wrong. Most of us don't see the sins of others, but as long as we are plugging along and doing are best that is all we can do.
~Making excuses for others all the time. Ok I know I make excuses sometimes, but when people make excuses for others or themselves all the time. So this is where I am coming from on this one. I hope Jason is not mad I am sharing this, but Jason used to complain about Sunday and say I wish I could stay home and watch the game or whatever it was for not wanting to go. He is NOT like this anymore at all and this was a long time ago. Finally I was sick of hearing it and I told him, stay home then. So he stayed home. When I got home from church he asked how it was and if anyone asked where he was. I said yes and told him the few people that asked where he was. He said "well what did you tell them." I said "Oh he didn't want to come today." I was not going to make an excuse for him and needless to say he has never complained about not wanting to go to church and has always come as he knows I am not going to make excuses for him. Just because you are married to the person does not mean that you are legally bound to make excuses for that person. We don't have this problem at all but I know some that do and I never know what to believe. I used to go visiting teaching when we lived in Ogden to a gal that lived across the street from us. She was so hard to get with and if you did an average probably only came maybe once a month or once every other month to church. I would see her get home and go over like 5 min later to see if I could catcher her quick and every time for the longest time her kids would come to the door with an excuse. I finally got fed up with it and told her daughter, "Will you just tell your mom next time to just let me know it is not a good time and a better time to come back or if she does not want me to come to just tell me that and quit giving me excuses." After that I didn't get her every time I stopped by, but most months we had a good visit. I saw her a few months after she moved out of the area at the store and she gave me a hug and thanked me and said I was so nice and one of the only nice people in the ward to her." But with family the outcome could be different, and is that risk worth it?
~The thing I really hate the Most is LIARS and I guess that kind of goes along with making excuses because an excuse could be a lie. Have you ever had someone you liked or even someone you loved say something, then you find out later the real truth? I hate it! How do you handle it when it is someone you care about. Do you confront them or just let it go? I think sometimes people lie so much they don't know who they told what, so they are in just a big pile of little lies. Sure doesn't make me want to be with that person or trust that person to tell them anything or believe anything they say.
So what do you do? Do you confront the person and hope no feelings are hurt? Do you just let it go? Do you just Pray for them and hope they will realize what they are doing?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if I am like this if you think it will hurt my feelings tell me anyway. I WILL get over it. I don't like to be around people like this and I DON'T want to be that kind of person.
I hesitated even posting this because I hope that if you are reading this you DON'T think it is you that I am talking about, it is NOT because the person or persons that I know that are like this I don't think they read or even know about my blog.
So I have to make this post a little positive since I was quite negative.
"To be the kind of person you want others to be you need to be that kind of person."
"If you can't smile-Fake it!"
I have so many things to be grateful for!! I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that has the truthfulness on the gospel restored to this earth today that brings me truth, peace, joy, and happiness. I have a Great Husband that loves me for Me! I have a Son that is such a great helper and the worlds best big brother and son. A Daughter who makes me laugh all the time with her spunky, sassy personality. Out of nowhere she will say "Mom!" I say "What" She says in her cutest little voice, "I love you!" Nothing better then when I hear those sweet words. I could not ask for a better little family!! I am very blessed in so many ways!!
No comments:
Post a Comment